You can't tell by looking at it, or even by touching it, but glass is a surprisingly porous material at the microscopic level. Repeated exposure to the kind of heat, humidity and cleaning products that you'd find in a bathroom can cause corrosion. This corrosion can cause ordinary glass to change appearance –making your glass shower look cloudy. Even some products designed to guard against this corrosion still degrade over time.
Bear Glass Clarvista® Glass has a coating, fused to the glass, sealing the glass surface to provide a protective barrier. The coating withstands the high temperatures required to thermally temper (strengthen) glass to meet safety codes for shower enclosures. Which is why, with regular maintenance, shower enclosures built with any of the available varieties of Clarvista® glass can keep their "like new" look longer.
Features of Clarvista®
- Available in glass types of Clear and Ultra Clear
- Available in thicknesses of 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″
- Seals the glass surface making it resistant to corrosion caused by heat, humidity and household cleaning products.
- With regular maintenance, glass keeps its “like new” look longer.
- Permanent. No follow-up applications required.
- Transparent. No peeling or discoloration
Clarvista® Glass should follow basic cleaning and maintenance guidelines:
- Always use a mild soap or glass-cleaning solution.
- Use a clean, lint-free cloth to remove soap, dirt and other shower residue.
- Some soaps, shower products and cleaning products contain abrasives. Avoid vigorous wiping of the glass when these products are on the glass to prevent scratches and other damage.
- Once soil and residue is removed, thoroughly rinse all cleaning solutions and other debris from the glass.
- Rinse and dry all cleaning solutions from showerheads, faucets, door handles, frames, guides, hinges, fasteners and any rubber or plastic sealants.